Monday, October 24, 2011

Dress Code at The Chicago History Museum

Of all the shows during Fashion Focus Chicago, Dress Code has to be my favorite because it shows the work of students at Columbia College, Illinois Institute of Art, International Academy of Design and Technology, and School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I love student designers because they are fearless and aren't confined to making a collection that will sell, they can do whatever they want and are free to experiment. Aspiring Chicago designers aside, it's time to look at what the audience was wearing.

One shoulder neckline with feathers? Yes. Yes. Yes.

Vivid tights paired with a sheer button up is amazing. And I'm all about oversized embellished tees.

Classic, refined, and monochromatic. 

Fur vest, check. Fur shoes, naturally.

The best accessory brings a casual outfit up ten notches.

She had me at the fur with the YSL crocodile satchel.


Both girls know how to rock a pop of color. 

Mom wears the fur while daughter gets to experiment with lace and bold patterns. Love the mother/daughter pose. 

Is it obvious how much I love a well-done fur? The color, the size, the placement, perfection.

Designer Marta Cebrat from the Illinois Institute of Art is glowing after her amazing show. 

Good friends can have completely different styles. From casual menswear to my favorite, all black, they make a perfect pair of fashionable friends.


I only got to attend two Fashion Focus Chicago events this year, and next year I plan to hit up at least three. But in the mean time, I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for more stylish Chicagoans. 

1 comment:

  1. That flower dress is so good. And love all the necklaces piled high over the all the way buttoned shirt. I want bangs like that. LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete