Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NEXT Fashion Chicago

Monday night kicked off the start of Chicago's Focus on Fashion week. The first big event was held at the Germania Place and featured designers Elda de la Rosa, Fraley Le, Gary Gonzalez, SofiaCleons Clothing CompanyCachéSahar Dada, Hector-Javier Mon Arrez, Sujata GazderBottega Contessa, and Mira Couture. All of the designers impressed the crowd but as always, my focus was on the guests with style. 

The edgy girls of Sophia were rocking a dress from the show, graphic tees, and deep plum lipstick.

Students love colored skinny jeans. And why not! Stay vibrant.

Fur and sequins. A daring, but amazing combination.

As always Ryan Beshel is working the bow tie, but I can't stop staring at her fuschia top paired with leopard print heels. Ah-mazing.

Designer Sahar Dada went simple in all black, with a floor length pleated skirt. Paired with a sparkly clutch, the designer does no wrong.

I love finding students at these events, because I'm one too! These girls went sexy and sophisticated and wowed with their sparkly accessories.

Simple and chic. From a white henley paired with a scarf, a great one-shoulder black dress, to dark denim and a blazer, these three could go anywhere in Chicago.

I can't get enough of nude pumps. They're unexpected and effortlessly cool when paired with simple silhouettes. 

As much as I love all black, (I'm wearing black head to toe as I write) I do enjoy color when it's well done. This red blazer had me staring from across the room and the perfectly fitted purple romper? Perfection.

The reason why I love black so much is the accessories can really pop. Check out that gold necklace and how easily black and white stripes don't have to look like prison. It's graphic and bold and I love it.

Tonight I'll be at DressCode, hosted by the Chicago History Museum. I hope to see you there dressed to the nines. 


“Everyone who is smart says they hate fashion, that it’s such a waste of time. I have asked many super-serious people, ‘Then why is fashion so popular?’ Nobody can answer that question.” - Miuccia Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment